Tuesday, January 6, 2015

More about Me


My name is Monique Findlayter. I’m the oldest of 5. I was born in North York, raised in Scarborough and currently reside in Ajax.
I'm a Readaholic
My love for reading started when I was in Grade 2. During the Summer months from Grades 3 to 8, I remember visiting the library and borrowing 20, 30 and 40 books at a time and finishing them within a week or two. 

As I got older and life got more hectic, I was lucky if I was able to read five books a year. 
This year I made a resolution to read one book a week.

For the past few years I've been meaning to start a Book Club. Next month, 13 ladies will be joining me for our first Book Club meeting.
I'm a Bakeaholic
My earliest memory in the kitchen was at the age of 4 mixing Jell-O powder with hot water (under my Mom’s supervision of course). From there, I remember helping my Mom bake every chance I got.

 As soon as I was able to operate the oven on my own, I started baking.


When I was either 13 or 15, I told myself that one day I was going to run my own bakery.
Twenty years later, I may not have my own bakery (yet) but I turned my hobby into a business. Back in 2006, I started  Monique’s Cheesecakes. In 2011, I changed the name to Simply Delicious. I now specialize in the 4 C's:  Cakes, Cheesecakes, Cookies and Cupcakes. Thanks to my Mom and my late Grandmother for being my inspirations.

I'm a Musicaholic

When I was 7, my parents enrolled me in piano lessons. Right before my final year of high school, I told my parents that I was no longer going to take lessons. 

After a 7 year break, I finally started playing again. I was then encouraged to start teaching. September 1, 2007, I started Piano for Beginners
After getting laid off from my job in December 2012, I decided to pursue my dream of becoming a full-time Piano Teacher. It is one of the best decisions I have ever made.

People always tell me how lucky I am to be doing what I love. You too can do the same. 

"Allow your passion to become your purpose, and it will one day become your profession". ~Gabrielle Berstein

No comments:

Post a Comment